Monday, January 27, 2020

Big Little Goals






Almost everyday, I write down a “To Do List”, and most of the time, those “To Do’s” get pushed back more than once, due to my lack of being clear of what it is I really need to accomplish.  I have big everyday goals that include helping to teach my kiddo their school lessons and making sure I have the ingredients I need to make dinner.  An additional “To Do” item has been very clear to me these past few months when we acquired a lovely puppy—she needs to go out and relieve herself and she needs a good walk at least once a day.  So my everyday, very clear goal is to make sure I take her outside and for a walk, which might be annoying, yet has the huge health benefit of fresh outside air and exercise.  

After reading an article by Steven Kotler, the Executive Director at the Flow Research Collective, he talks about goals that are big lifetime achievements and how to get to those results.  We need goals that are clear and give us the specific focus we need to accomplish them.  This makes allot of sense to me, because when I finally wrote the first draft of my current screenplay, that’s how I was able to write it within a month, by focusing and creating specific little clear goals of organizing my story, and then the words fell to the page easily.  

I did this again last week, which is why I missed writing my blog because I was very focused about specific little goals as my child was wrapping up their first semester lessons.  We took each lesson with clarity, and accomplished a lot in a small amount of time.  


My current challenge with personal goal setting, or small clear goals from Kotler, is that I put so much on my “To Do List”, that I always struggle to accomplish my smaller clear goals to help reach my big dream goal of producing my stories.  I still need to practice not wasting these precious moments of time on things that aren’t related to either my home, or my clear little and big goals.  Having goals is great, the challenge is focusing on how to attain them.  I’m going to challenge myself to get my dreams to come true, how about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wise with Time

Time has flown by quite quickly this past year.  Have you ever experienced time, either speeding up or slowing down?  When we experience joy...